I have a piece over at the conversation on the appointment of a new CEO at Channel Ten and the demise of free-to-air (FTA) television. In brief, the new CEO seems to be hoisting the white flag and saying ‘the internet has won’. So the interesting issue is the FTA television response. My bet is that they will try to label themselves as ‘essential services’ and get government funding. But this will probably only have an effect once at least one network has gone belly up. Anyway – it will be an interesting decade!
- ralph on How academics, ministry experts, and civil society are losing: is the government now for the few?
- My Homepage on Parental leave: The Abbott thought
- Scott Mitchell on Trends in hours worked in Australia
- aaron nicholas on We economists are a dismal bunch, aren’t we?
- Chris Lloyd on How did the Snowden revelations impact behaviour?
- Andreas Ortmann on We economists are a dismal bunch, aren’t we?
- Paul Frijters on We economists are a dismal bunch, aren’t we?
- sivaprasad yadav koyya on How to lie with statistics: the case of female hurricanes.