I have a piece over at the conversation on the appointment of a new CEO at Channel Ten and the demise of free-to-air (FTA) television. In brief, the new CEO seems to be hoisting the white flag and saying ‘the internet has won’. So the interesting issue is the FTA television response. My bet is that they will try to label themselves as ‘essential services’ and get government funding. But this will probably only have an effect once at least one network has gone belly up. Anyway – it will be an interesting decade!
- Rabee Tourky on Some thoughts about the Syrian Civil War
- Paul Frijters on Some thoughts about the Syrian Civil War
- Paul Frijters on Rich countries and happiness: the story of a bet.
- Bob Slonim on Rich countries and happiness: the story of a bet.
- Observer on Some thoughts about the Syrian Civil War
- Davo on Five principles for running a good academic department and keeping it that way
- Adriaan on Bitcoin and anonymous markets: the real revolution in market design
- Paul frijters on Bitcoins, coal exports, and the New Switzerland: a puzzle